Monday 11 November 2013

Winter Skin Essentials - 11.11.13

I've always had really, really dry skin. So dry in fact that I've been known to put Crisco on as a moisturiser. Unfortunately, Crisco is not available in the UK for the same bargain prices as in the USA. Hence, my now slightly graduated skincare regime.


Winter Essentials All


Clockwise From Left to Right: Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser, A-Derma Exomega Emollient Creme, Bio-Oil, La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Milk, BiOrganics Salon Secret Elixir, Earth Sciences Apricot Intensive Night Creme


I think my favourite out of the items above is this lovely moisturiser: A-Derma Exomega Emollient Creme. It's for really sensitive eczema-prone skin so it's incredibly gentle. It absorbs quite quickly as well without being sticky which is always a plus when you don't have time to wait around! It smells a bit odd which is the only drawback (smells a bit like fresh bread).


A-Derma Exomega


£10.50 from Boots available here


I was first introduced to La Roche-Posay in 2007 when I was visiting Germany and ran out of my usual cleanser. It was a very happy coincidence. I'm still very much hooked on this brand. Every time I buy a new product from La Roche Posay I am not disappointed. This is technically a makeup removed but I use it as a face wash too as it's so moisturising. A little bit goes a long way as well, so even though it seems a bit more expensive than a normal face wash, it lasts probably twice/three times as long. Plus it doesn't leave your skin feeling awkwardly tight that so many cleansers tend to do.


 Lait Demaquillant Physiologique


£12 available at Boots here.


Anti-Ageing creams are just another fancy way of saying REALLY moisturising. Hence my fondness for this lovely eco-friendly gem: Apricot Night Creme. This smells not quite of apricot, but is quite pleasant all the same. It's incredibly thick so just a dab can go a long way - another bargain cream (plus it's natural too)!


Apricot Night Creme


On sale for £10.99 at Astro Nutrition here.


My father was the one who introduced me to Bio-Oil as he has the curse of dry skin as well. This is the equivalent of his makeup regimen in the mornings and I have since adopted this. I love how lightweight this becomes although it's so moisturising. I always wear this under my normal face makeup in winter as it's like putting another layer of winter protection on my face (also oddly enough keeps my face a bit warmer). Plus now they're even stocking this at Primarni so you know it's a bargain offer.


BioOil


Available from £7.65 at HQ Hair here


I'm a huge fan of Birchbox. BiOrganics was featured in one of the summer boxes and I've been using it religiously ever since. Absolutely love this hair elixir. It's lightweight and doesn't add buildup to your hair like so many others do.


Hair Perfecting Oil

£12.99 available from the Birchbox shop here


What are your winter skin essentials?

3 comments:

  1. Love these winter skin care picks!

    - KW
    http://musthaveboxes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] Winter Skin Essentials – 11.11.13 (bykaile.wordpress.com) […]

    ReplyDelete